Convert to LED Parking Lot Lights For Energy Cost Reduction
January 9, 2019
If you haven’t made the move to convert to LED parking lot lights, now is the time. Depending on how many lights you have in your parking areas and any energy rebates for which your business qualifies, you could be saving several hundred dollars per year per fixture.
Consider these benefits of LED parking lot lights:
- LED light bulb costs are at an all-time low.
- The life of an LED bulb is up to three times greater than that of a high-intensity discharge (HID) bulb. LED bulbs also consume less than half the energy.
- LED parking lot lights are brighter than other types of bulbs because they produce little to no heat and direct all their power toward illumination. And more powerful light shines strong to improve safety below.
- Because LED light is unidirectional, it produces less glare and has more even distribution.
- While cost savings is important and is usually the driving factor in businesses’ reason to retrofit their parking lot lights for LED, sustainability is also a significant benefit. If your company has made multiple efforts to lessen its carbon footprint, LEDs can be a part of the great marketing story that you share with your customers.
- Disposal is easy, since LED bulbs do not contain mercury or other hazardous substances. They often are recyclable.
Because LED parking lot light bulbs typically cost more than HID bulbs, there will be a period of time in which your business must recover the costs, but over the long term, it makes economical sense to make the change. For questions about retrofitting your parking lot lights with LED bulbs or other facilities maintenance assistance, contact the J&P Site Experts team at 262.346.8451 or send us a message.